You’ve decided you want to build instead of buy, now it’s just a question of where. Once you narrow it down to the general area where you’d like to be, it’s time to make an important decision: whether to build in an established community, or my own lot or land. There are pros and cons to either option, so it’s important to think it through and determine which works the best for you and your family. Here are some things to consider.
Reasons to build in a community
- Saves time and money. Home communities come with infrastructure like streets, sidewalks, and water/sewer hookups already in place. This not only saves you time, it could save you significant money in lot prep.
- Security of close neighbors. Building a home in an established community provides a little piece of mind because you know you have neighbors close if you need them.
- Location. One of the most important aspects of any home-buying or -building experience, a community’s location may be just perfect for you and your family.
Reasons to build on your own lot or land
- Space.Most of these home sites range in size from 1 acre up to as large as 10 acres giving you the space you need for outbuildings, pools, gardens and much more..
- Trees.Large lots have the space that enable you to build your home without disturbing many if any trees or the natural “lay of the land”.
- Peace and Quiet.Large lots means fewer neighbors, lights and cars in the neighborhood which translates to peace and quiet for you.
Finding the perfect lot or land can be difficult. It doesn’t have to be. If you still have questions, let us help! Contact us here. We can guide you in the right direction if you want a lot that’s not in a community. If you want to build in a community, we have plenty of lots to choose from.