The CMS Build Anywhere Program
When you work with our team to build your new home, whether you build a CMS home or bring your own house plans, we take care of everything from evaluations and excavation to managing the build and getting you to the closing table on time. We even provide the construction loan for a faster, easier Build Anywhere process.
We have helped hundreds of St. Louis area homeowners like you build semi-custom and custom homes for over 20 years and know how overwhelming it can seem. That’s why we have perfected the process, making the Build Anywhere Program as straightforward as possible with excellent communication every step of the way. You’ll have minimal involvement and maximum peace of mind.
The CMS Homes team will manage your home project with integrity and walk you through the entire process with ease:
Step 1: Initial conversation
Step 2: First in-depth meeting
Step 3: Construction financing with our easy-build program
Step 4: Visit your homesite
Step 5: Explanation of warranty
Step 6: Build Agreement
Step 7: Make materials selections and finalize design
Step 8: Meet your project manager
Step 9: Releases and documents
Step 10: The Build
“The floor plan is immensely efficient with NO wasted space, large bedrooms, 11 ft. ceilings with transoms for natural lighting. A perfect floor plan and options for our family. Kevin was phenomenal. Mike was dedicated to building the scope of work and meeting our quality standards, no matter what obstacles he had to overcome. What an asset to CMS.”
— Luke Giesmann, Build Anywhere Homeowner
10 Steps to Build Your Semi-Custom or Custom Home
CMS Homes’ expert team collaborates to keep your home-building project running smoothly while you carry on with your daily life without the stress of managing your home build. Check out the 10 easy steps that only CMS Homes offers to build your semi-custom or custom home in Lincoln County, Warren County, or St. Charles County.
Step 1: Initial Conversation
Your home-building journey starts with a no-obligation conversation between you and our Build Anywhere representative. You will discuss home site location, the size of your lot, your budget, and if you have architectural plans already.
Step 2: First In-depth Meeting
Step 3: Construction Financing with Our Easy Build Program
CMS Homes LLC takes the burden of obtaining a new construction loan out of the process with our Easy Build Program.
- You provide 10% of the project cost in cash or lot equity (value of the lot minus your lot loan).
- Your lot is conveyed to CMS Homes LLC and your equity in the lot can be part of or all of the 10% deposit required.
- The Easy Build Program requires a satisfactory pre-construction appraisal of the lot and home and a lender’s commitment to your permanent financing when the home is complete.
Step 4: Visit Your Homesite
The purpose of this visit is to determine if any site conditions exist that could impact the cost of construction and where your new home will be placed on the homesite. These site conditions can include:
- Tree removal
- Soil removal or fill or unusual soil conditions (i.e., rock, sand, clay soils, etc.)
- A flood plain on your lot or land requiring special approvals
- Drainage issues
- Utility locations and distance to home location
- Utility tap fees
- Topography, which may or may not allow for a walkout basement, or it may require the garage to be on a certain side of home
- Other factors that can affect the project’s scope and price
Step 5: Explanation of Warranty
Explanation of the warranty often occurs during one of the previous steps, but we want to be sure you understand our third-party 10-year limited warranty, which includes:
- 1-year materials and workmanship
- 2 years on home delivery systems
- 10 years structural
- What is and isn’t covered is detailed in the New Home Warranty Booklet. [link to booklet]
Step 6: Build Agreement
Step 7: Make Materials Selections and Finalize Design
Step 8: Meet Your Project Manager
Step 9: Release of Loan, Build Documents, Waivers & Deposit
You’re almost to the final step! We just need the following documents for your new home build to be “released to start” (our Closing Coordinator will help you with all the paperwork):
- Loan commitment from your end loan lender
- Sign off on all build documents and specifications
- Sign waiver of any remaining contingencies
- Make a deposit if required
- Once those items are received, your new home project will be placed on our Ready to Start list.
- Homes are started in the order in which they were put on that list.
Step 10: The Build
Here’s the really exciting step! The builder gets started and within a few months, you will have a new home. This is how the home-building project flows:
- Prepare construction site and pour foundation
- Construct rough framing (shell)
- Complete rough plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Install insulation
- Complete drywall and interior textures; start exterior finishes
- Finish interior trim; stall exterior driveways and walkways
- Install hard-surface flooring and countertops and complete exterior grading
- Finish mechanical trims; install bathroom fixtures
- Install mirrors and shower doors, finish flooring, and complete exterior landscaping
- Final walkthrough with the builder
That’s it! Get ready to move in and live in the house of your dreams for many years to come.
Build Anywhere Custom Home Options
- Bring your own plan designed by your architect or new home designer
- Use one of CMS Homes’ new home designs at no design charge to you
- Modify one of CMS Homes’ new home designs to make it a unique design for YOU! There may be a design fee depending on the level of modification.
- The design fee will be credited back to you if CMS Homes builds your new home.
- Create a one-of-a-kind custom home design based on your desired budget. Design fees will apply; however, those fees will be credited back to you if CMS Homes builds your new home.
|Augustine||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,173 +/- sq. ft.||$213,400.00|
|Savannah||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,205 +/- sq. ft.||$213,400.00|
|Cambridge||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,215 +/- sq. ft.||$214,400.00|
|Richmond||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,228 +/- sq. ft.||$216,400.00|
|Beaumont||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,248 +/- sq. ft.||$217,400.00|
|Bernhardt||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,340 +/- sq. ft.||$229,400.00|
|Augustine II||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,360 +/- sq. ft.||$232,400.00|
|Briana||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,392 +/- sq. ft.||$237,400.00|
|Rosewood||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,586+/- sq.ft.||$254,400.00|
|Harrison II||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,586+/- sq.ft.||$254,400.00|
|Whitmore||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,601 +/- sq.ft.||$255,400.00|
|Covington||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,611 +/- sq.ft.||$257,400.00|
|Whitmore II||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,801 +/- sq.ft.||$274,400.00|
|Kensington||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,846 +/- sq.ft.||$276,400.00|
|Harrison||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,857 +/- sq.ft.||$280,400.00|
|Seneca||3 Bedroom / Ranch||1,949 +/- sq.ft||$294,400.00|
|Primrose||3 Bedroom / Ranch||2,038 +/- sq.ft.||$300,400.00|
|Winchester||4 Bedroom / Ranch||2,106 +/- sq.ft.||$305,400.00|
|Prairie Crest||3 Bedroom / Ranch||2,115 +/- sq.ft.||$339,400.00|
|Charlotte||3 Bedroom / 2 Story||1,356 +/- sq.ft.||$225,400.00|
|Kimberly||4 Bedroom / 2 Story||1,746 +/- sq.ft.||$265,400.00|
|Remington||4 Bedroom / 2 Story||2,517 +/- sq.ft.||$352,400.00|
Build Anywhere Pricing
Many Build Anywhere home buyers come to us with home plans already or they choose one of our stylish base models and customize it to meet their exact needs. This speeds up the process, saves money, and provides higher-quality materials with more features than they thought they could get within their budget.
All the homes you see here come with over a dozen standard exterior feature options, dozens of standard interior feature options, five very important energy efficiency features, and an unlimited number of optional features for maximum customization.
Contact Sales for a No-Obligation Conversation
It’s time to stop searching for the perfect already-built home and build your customized home today! CMS Homes’ Build Anywhere Program provides the opportunity to build your dream home with budget-friendly, quality craftsmanship anywhere in Lincoln County, Missouri, and the surrounding areas. Contact sales today for a no-obligation, no-pressure conversation, and walk away with a detailed estimate of your new, customized home.