Custom Home Builder: Getting Started
You have decided to build your new dream home. The purpose of this series of articles is to help you know what to expect during this process. This series explains how CMS Homes LLC willhelp guide you down the path building your new home.
Our first meeting topics will vary depending:
- If you have a lender
- If you have plans
- If you are going to use our plans,
- If you have a lot or if you are going to build on our lot.
Let’s assume that you haven’t secured a lender, plans or a lot. That being the case then our first meeting will be spent discussing:
- The type of home you want to build (Ranch, 2 Story, size etc.)
- The type of lot you want (small, big, open, wooded, location etc.)
- Your financing needs. (Will you be obtaining construction financing or will CMS Homes obtain construction financing for you. In either event your long term financing will need to be secured in order to obtain construction loan.)
Once we have a thorough understanding of what you want for you new dream home then we will give you our recommendations for lenders, architects, plans, communities and home sites that we feel would best suit your needs.
Things you could bring to this first meeting:
- Pictures of homes or floor plans that you like.
- List of top “wants” in a new home.
- List of top “wants” in your new home site.
Next article in New Custom Home 101: Getting pre-qualified for a loan