Build a New Home in the Troy, Missouri Area
Nobody comes to us as a home-building expert, that’s why for over 20 years, we’ve perfected the process, making it as straightforward as possible with comprehensive guidance every step of the way.
A Snapshot of the CMS Homes Building Process
Step 1: Initial conversation and a free estimate
Step 2: First in-depth meeting
Step 3: Construction financing with our easy-build program
Step 4: Visit your homesite
Step 5: Explanation of warranty
Step 6: Build Agreement
Step 7: Make materials selections and finalize design
Step 8: Meet your project manager
Step 9: Releases and documents
Step 10: The Build
“Very, very, pleased with the house. Great job building. Well-built home and you do what you say you will do. The whole experience including sales and financing proved my gut feeling that you were the right builder for me.”
– Joel Hughes, Park Hills Homeowner
Where CMS Homes Builds in Missouri
Lake St. Louis
10 Steps to Build Your New Construction Home
Step 1: Initial Conversation
Step 2: First In-depth Meeting
Step 3: Construction Financing with Our Easy Build Program
Through our optional CMS Homes, LLC, Easy Build Program, you can obtain a very competitive construction loan. This allows you to get started faster than if you were to apply for and close a financial institution’s construction loan.
How it works:
- The Easy Build Program requires a satisfactory pre-construction appraisal of the lot and home and a lender’s commitment for your permanent financing when the home is complete.
- You provide 10% of the project cost in cash or lot equity (value of the lot minus your lot loan).
- Your lot is conveyed to CMS Homes, LLC, and your equity in the lot can be part of or all of the 10% deposit required.
Step 4: Visit Your Homesite
The purpose of this visit is to determine if any site conditions exist that could impact the cost of construction and where your new home will be placed on the homesite. These site conditions can include:
- Tree removal
- Soil removal or fill or unusual soil conditions (i.e., rock, sand, clay soils, etc.)
- A flood plain on your lot or land requiring special approvals
- Drainage issues
- Utility locations and distance to home location
- Utility tap fees
- Topography, which may or may not allow for a walkout basement, or it may require the garage to be on a certain side of home
- Other factors that can affect the project’s scope and price
Step 5: Explanation of Warranty
Explaining our multi-tiered warranty often occurs during one of the previous steps, but we want to be sure you understand our third-party, 10-year limited warranty, which includes:
- 1-year materials and workmanship
- 2 years on home delivery systems
- 10 years structural
What is and isn’t covered is detailed in the New Home Warranty Booklet. [link to booklet]
Step 6: Build Agreement
Step 7: Make Materials Selections and Finalize Design
Step 8: Meet Your Project Manager
Once the material selections and home design are complete and construction drawings have been generated, you’ll meet your project manager (PM). In this meeting, you will review everything that’s been completed and ensure everyone is on the same page regarding what is going into your home. Your PM will also explain how the process unfolds and what you can expect.
Step 9: Release of Loan, Build Documents, Waivers & Deposit
You’re almost to the finish line! We just need the following documents for the build to be “released to start” (our Closing Coordinator will help you with all the paperwork):
- Loan commitment from your end-loan lender
- Sign off on all build documents and specifications
- Sign waiver of any remaining contingencies
- Make a deposit if required
Once received, your new home project will be placed on our Ready to Start list. Homes are started in the order in which they were put on that list.
Step 10: The Build
- Prepare construction site and pour foundation
- Construct rough framing (shell)
- Complete rough plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Complete drywall and interior textures; start exterior finishes
- Finish interior trim; stall exterior driveways and walkways
- Install hard-surface flooring and countertops and complete exterior grading
- Finish mechanical trims; install bathroom fixtures
- Install mirrors and shower doors, finish flooring, and complete exterior landscaping
- Final walkthrough with builder
That’s it! Get ready to move in and enjoy the lifestyle you’ve dreamed of in your unique, stylish, functional, and welcoming CMS home.
Did You Know You Can Also Utilize Our Build Anywhere Process?
Whatever situation you’re in, there’s no need to wait to build your dream home. CMS Homes uncomplicates the home building process, so you can build your new home anywhere (within a 50-mile radius of Troy, Missouri) with ease.
- Bring your own plan designed by your architect or designer.
- Use one of CMS Homes’ new home designs at no design charge to you.
- Modify one of CMS Homes’ base models to make it unique to YOU! There may be a design fee depending on the level of modification. Design fee will be credited back to you if CMS Homes builds your new home.
- Create a one-of-a-kind custom home design based on your desired budget. Design fees will apply; however, those fees will be credited back to you if CMS Homes builds your new home.
If you’re interested in our Build Anywhere Process, you can learn more by going to our Build Anywhere page [link] or contacting a CMS sales representative.
Contact Sales for a No-Obligation Conversation
Visit the CMS Homes Sales Office
Orchard Grove Display Homes
602 Schapers Court
Moscow Mills, MO 63362