– Periodically check your sump pump to make sure it is operating correctly.
– Make sure gutters and downspouts are working and discharging water at least 10′ away from the foundation
– Check the grade around your foundation. Make sure that the grade is sloping away a minimum of 10′ from the foundation.
– Check for settlement and voids in the soil around foundation and fill them up if they exist.
– During a drought soil will pull away from the foundation creating voids for water to get into. To keep this from happening water a 2′ perimeter around your foundation. If you have landscape beds just keep the plants watered and healthy and that should be enough moisture to protect your foundation.